As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Proverbs 27:17 [NIV]
Accountability / Support Groups are small groups of CBL Members who meet together on a regular basis for more in depth study and discussion.
There are two types of accountability groups, each with a specific membership and focus.
The Business Owners Group is for members of CBL owning their own business. Group size is typically 6-8 to allow for the level of in-depth focus on each member’s business.
- to encourage one an other to build businesses on Christian Principles
- to learn business best practice from one another and from external speakers and published material
- to hold one another accountable for business and spiritual development.
“I have received much encouragement from the Accountability group members, through advice and prayer, which has helped me both develop my business and also overcome personal challenges; I thoroughly recommend joining an Accountability group if you are given the opportunity ” – Gary – self-employed business adviser
“The Accountability group has been a great support, particularly in being able to talk through business issues with fellow Christian business owners; it has really helped me make key decisions, benefiting from other people’s experience – I would not want to miss it now.” – Tim – business owner
The Senior Managers Forum is for members of CBL employed in senior management or executive roles within corporate, professional and non-profit/NGO environments.
- a confidential support group in which to discuss and explore ethical, moral, employment and financial matters that may give rise to potential conflict with Biblical values and principles.
- a ‘safe place’ in which to discuss strategic business and employment issues.
- time and priority for prayer for specific needs.
- an opportunity to develop close and supportive relationships between group members.
- affirmation of God’s call to the workplace and mutual support to explore how this can and is outworked through each member of the support groups; encouragement to undertake business on Christian principles.
- encouragement towards quality time planning with families, to help achieve a balance of family and work life.