The Christian Business Leaders network exists to equip Christians business leaders grow successful businesses and lead inspirational lives that can transform the lives of others. We recognise that running your own business or operating as a senior manager can be a lonely place and CBL seeks to provide a safe context where Christian business people are valued, supported and equipped to apply their faith in their businesses. Through a growing network and regular meetings, CBL seeks to grow deep, trustworthy and accountable relationships that provide a foundation for Christian business leaders to flourish, both in their Christian lives and at work.
About Christian Business Leaders
Equipping Business Leaders in Christ
To see Christian business leaders growing successful businesses and leading inspirational lives that transform the lives of others
Our mission is to equip Christian business leaders to grow successful businesses and lead inspirational lives by:
- Connecting faith and business
- Supporting Christian business leaders to grow successful businesses
- Equipping and inspiring Christian business leaders to apply their faith in their business lives
- Enabling Christians in business to lead authentic Christian lives, bridging the gap with business people of little or no faith
- Creating opportunities for Christian business leaders to build fruitful and supportive peer to peer relationships through accountability groups and business networking
- Work is a calling.
- We acknowledge the divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- We are seeking to integrate Biblical principles to all aspects of business practise in our spheres of influence.
- We welcome people from all denominations.
- We seek to complement the ministry of the local church.
Statement of Faith
The following doctrines, from the Evangelical Alliance Basis of Faith, are regarded by Christian Business Leaders as crucial to the understanding of the Christian faith and its outworking.
We believe in:
- The one true God who lives eternally in three persons—the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- The love, grace and sovereignty of God in creating, sustaining, ruling, redeeming and judging the world.
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Old and New Testament Scriptures, which are the written Word of God—fully trustworthy for faith and conduct.
- The dignity of all people, made male and female in God’s image to love, be holy and care for creation, yet corrupted by sin, which incurs divine wrath and judgement.
- The incarnation of God’s eternal Son, the Lord Jesus Christ—born of the virgin Mary; truly divine and truly human, yet without sin.
- The atoning sacrifice of Christ on the cross: dying in our place, paying the price of sin and defeating evil, so reconciling us with God.
- The bodily resurrection of Christ, the first fruits of our resurrection; his ascension to the Father, and his reign and mediation as the only Saviour of the world.
- The justification of sinners solely by the grace of God through faith in Christ.
- The ministry of God the Holy Spirit, who leads us to repentance, unites us with Christ through new birth, empowers our discipleship and enables our witness.
- The Church, the body of Christ both local and universal, the priesthood of all believers—given life by the Spirit and endowed with the Spirit’s gifts to worship God and proclaim the gospel, promoting justice and love.
- The personal and visible return of Jesus Christ to fulfil the purposes of God, who will raise all people to judgement, bring eternal life to the redeemed and eternal condemnation to the lost, and establish a new heaven and new earth.