Support Groups are small groups of CBL members who meet together on a regular basis to share the challenges and successes of their businesses and for mutual support and advice.
There are two types of Support Group, one for Senior Managers and another for Business Owners, recognising the differing needs of the roles.
The Business Owners Group is for members of CBL owning their own business. Group size is typically 6-8 to allow for the level of in-depth focus on each member’s business.
- to encourage one an other to build businesses on Christian principles
- to learn business best practice from one another and from external speakers and published material
- to hold one another accountable for business and spiritual development.
The Senior Managers Group is for members of CBL employed in senior management or executive roles within corporate, professional and non-profit/NGO environments.
- a confidential support group in which to discuss and explore ethical, moral, employment and financial matters that may give rise to potential conflict with Biblical values and principles.
- a ‘safe place’ in which to discuss strategic business and employment issues.
- time and priority for prayer for specific needs.
- an opportunity to develop close and supportive relationships between group members.
- affirmation of God’s call to the workplace and mutual support to explore how this can and is outworked through each member of the support groups; encouragement to undertake business on Christian principles.
- encouragement towards quality time planning with families, to help achieve a balance of family and work life.